Sarah K. Stephens is the author of two novels and a developmental psychologist at Penn State University.
Although Fall and Spring find her in the classroom, she remains a writer year-round. Her writing has appeared in LitHub, The Writer’s Chronicle, Hazlitt, and The Millions. Sarah’s books include the psychological thrillers A Flash of Red and It Was Always You.
Sarah loves using her psychological training to craft darkly human stories with killer twists. When she’s not plotting death and betrayal, she can be found enjoying the pleasures of country life with her husband and children in Central Pennsylvania.
E-mail: skstephensauthor (at) gmail (dot) com
Sarah enjoys attending Book Clubs and other literary events. E-mail with your inquiries.
- Stephens, S. K. (October/November 2018). An Interview with Inara Verzemnieks. The Writer’s Chronicle. https://www.awpwriter.org/magazine_media/writers_chronicle_issues/octobernovember_2018
- Stephens, S. K. (April 5, 2018). My Father’s Calling. Hazlitt. https://hazlitt.net/longreads/my-fathers-calling
- Stephens, S. K. (Sept. 6, 2017). Getting Out of Her Own Skin: The Millions Interviews Nancy Pearl. The Millions. http://themillions.com/2017/09/getting-out-of-her-own-skin-the-millions-interviews-nancy-pearl.html
- Stephens, S. K. (April 20, 2017). Teacher’s High. Mindsoak Project. http://mindsoak.me/teachers-high/
- Stephens, S. K. (April 17, 2017). What Edith Wharton Taught Me about Marriage.The Millions. http://www.themillions.com/2017/04/edith-wharton-taught-marriage.html
- Stephens, S.K. (March 29, 2017). Flynn Berry’s Under the Harrow Pushes Readers to Examine Their Own Feminist Failings. ROAR. http://roarfeminist.org/2017/03/29/flynn-berrys-under-the-harrow-pushes-readers-to-examine-their-own-feminist-failings/
- Stephens, S. K. (March 22, 2017). Be Deliberate: A Baker’s Approach to Renewal. Mindsoak Project. http://mindsoak.me/deliberate-bakers-approach-renewal/
- Stephens, S. K. (February 28, 2017). How P.D. James and Detective Fiction Healed my Broken Heart. The Millions. http://www.themillions.com/2017/02/p-d-james-detective-fiction-healed-broken-heart.html
- Stephens, S.K. (February 23, 2017). Penn State and the Intrafraternity Council Suspend Social Activities: Why now? ROAR. http://roarfeminist.org/2017/02/23/penn-state-and-the-intrafraternity-council-suspend-social-activities-why-now/
- Stephens, S.K. (February 21, 2017). Love Has No Expiration Date. Mindsoak Project. http://mindsoak.me/love-has-no-expiration-date/
- Stephens, S.K. (January 24, 2017). Change is Good, but Perseverance is Better. Mindsoak Project. http://mindsoak.me/change-is-good-perseverance-is-better/
- Stephens, S.K. (January 6, 2017). NBCC Reads Resistance Lit: Sarah K. Stephens on Lois Lowry’s Number the Stars. Critical Mass. http://bookcritics.org/blog/archive/nbcc-reads-resistance-lit-sarah-k.-stephens-on-lois-lowrys-number-the-stars
- Stephens, S.K. (January 6, 2017). NBCC Reads Resistance Lit: Sarah K. Stephens on Lois Lowry’s Number the Stars. LitHub. http://lithub.com/resistance-lit-sarah-k-stephens-on-lois-lowrys-number-the-stars/
- Stephens, S.K. (November 22, 2016). How Mr. (Carl) Rogers Can Help You Survive the Holidays. Mindsoak Project. http://mindsoak.me/how-mr-carl-rogers-can-help-you-survive-the-holidays/
- Stephens, S.K. (November 16, 2016). The Importance of Counseling on Campus. Mindsoak Project. http://mindsoak.me/the-importance-of-counseling-on-campus/
- Kollat, S.H. (November 3, 2016). Beautiful Secret by Dana Faletti. BookMark by WPSU. http://radio.wpsu.org/post/bookmark-beautiful-secret-dana-faletti
- Stephens, S.K. (October 26, 2016). Why Are We Told There’s One ‘Right’ Kind of Girl? Mindsoak Project. http://mindsoak.me/why-are-we-told-theres-one-right-kind-of-girl/
- Stephens, S.K. (October 19, 2016). Brave New World: Parental Monitoring in the Age of Social Media. Mindsoak Project. http://mindsoak.me/brave-new-world-parental-monitoring-in-the-age-of-social-media/
- Stephens, S.K. (Sept. 27, 2016). A Case for Boredom. Mindsoak Project. http://mindsoak.me/a-case-for-boredom/
- Stephens, S.K. (Sept. 13, 2016). The New F Word. Mindsoak Project. http://mindsoak.me/the-new-f-word/
- Stephens, S.K. (Aug. 23, 2016). “Girl” Gone Wild. Mindsoak Project. http://mindsoak.me/girl-gone-wild/
- Stephens, S.K. (Aug. 9, 2016). The #1 Parenting Mistake We All Make (But Don’t Have To)! Mindsoak Project. http://mindsoak.me/the-1-parenting-mistake-we-all-make-but-dont-have-to/
- Stephens, S.K. (in press). Clothed. Glint Literary Journal.
- Stephens, S.K. (2019). It was always you. Cambridge, UK: Bloodhound Books.
- Stephens, S.K. (2016). A flash of red. Austin, TX: Pandamoon Publishing.
- Stephens, S.K. (November 2016). Sensate. (parenthetical). http://www.wordsonpagespress.com/parenthetical/sixteen/
- Stephens, S.K. (September 2016). Inheritance. The Indianola Review: http://www.theindianolareview.com/inheritance.html
- Stephens, S.K. (July 2016). In celebration. eFiction. Vol. 7 (# 4), pp. 16–24.
- Stephens, S.K. (June 2016). Inheritance. Manawaker Studio’s Flash Fiction Podcast (Ep. 127): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLOlDPckX0c
- Stephens, S.K. (June 2016). Sensate. Manawaker Studio’s Flash Fiction Podcast (Ep. 121):http://www.manawaker.com/podcast/ffp-0121-sensate/
- Stephens, S.K. (April 2016). In Concert. The Voices Project: http://www.thevoicesproject.org/poetry-library/in-concert-by-sarah-k-stephens
- Stephen, S.K. (March 2016). Boys. Five on the Fifth: http://www.fiveonthefifth.com/issue-6-boys-by-sarah-k-stephens/