Sarah K. Stephens is a developmental psychologist who serves as a senior lecturer at Penn State University. Her courses examine a variety of topics, including the processes of risk and resilience in childhood, the influence of online media on social and behavioral development, and evidence-based interventions for individuals on the autism spectrum. Although Fall and Spring find her in the classroom, she remains a writer year-round. Her short stories and essays have appeared in LitHub, Critical Mass, Five on the Fifth, The Voices Project, The Indianola Review, (parenthetical), eFiction, and the Manawaker Studio’s Flash Fiction Podcast. Her debut novel, A Flash of Red (read Chapter 1 here), was released in December 2016 by Pandamoon Publishing.
E-mail: skstephensauthor (at) gmail (dot) com
Sarah enjoys attending Book Clubs and other literary events. E-mail with your inquiries.
- Stephens, S.K. (2016). A flash of red. Austin, TX: Pandamoon Publishing.
- Stephens, S.K. (November 2016). Sensate. (parenthetical). http://www.wordsonpagespress.com/parenthetical/sixteen/
- Stephens, S.K. (September 2016). Inheritance. The Indianola Review: http://www.theindianolareview.com/inheritance.html
- Stephens, S.K. (July 2016). In celebration. eFiction. Vol. 7 (# 4), pp. 16–24.
- Stephens, S.K. (June 2016). Inheritance. Manawaker Studio’s Flash Fiction Podcast (Ep. 127): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLOlDPckX0c
- Stephens, S.K. (June 2016). Sensate. Manawaker Studio’s Flash Fiction Podcast (Ep. 121):http://www.manawaker.com/podcast/ffp-0121-sensate/
- Stephens, S.K. (April 2016). In Concert. The Voices Project: http://www.thevoicesproject.org/poetry-library/in-concert-by-sarah-k-stephens
- Stephen, S.K. (March 2016). Boys. Five on the Fifth: http://www.fiveonthefifth.com/issue-6-boys-by-sarah-k-stephens/
- Stephens, S. K. (February 28, 2017). How P.D. James and Detective Fiction Healed my Broken Heart. The Millions. http://www.themillions.com/2017/02/p-d-james-detective-fiction-healed-broken-heart.html
- Stephens, S.K. (February 23, 2017). Penn State and the Intrafraternity Council Suspend Social Activities: Why now? ROAR. http://roarfeminist.org/2017/02/23/penn-state-and-the-intrafraternity-council-suspend-social-activities-why-now/
- Stephens, S.K. (February 21, 2017). Love Has No Expiration Date. Mindsoak Project. http://mindsoak.me/love-has-no-expiration-date/
- Stephens, S.K. (January 24, 2017). Change is Good, but Perseverance is Better. Mindsoak Project. http://mindsoak.me/change-is-good-perseverance-is-better/
- Stephens, S.K. (January 6, 2017). NBCC Reads Resistance Lit: Sarah K. Stephens on Lois Lowry’s Number the Stars. Critical Mass. http://bookcritics.org/blog/archive/nbcc-reads-resistance-lit-sarah-k.-stephens-on-lois-lowrys-number-the-stars
- Stephens, S.K. (January 6, 2017). NBCC Reads Resistance Lit: Sarah K. Stephens on Lois Lowry’s Number the Stars. LitHub. http://lithub.com/resistance-lit-sarah-k-stephens-on-lois-lowrys-number-the-stars/
- Stephens, S.K. (November 22, 2016). How Mr. (Carl) Rogers Can Help You Survive the Holidays. Mindsoak Project. http://mindsoak.me/how-mr-carl-rogers-can-help-you-survive-the-holidays/
- Stephens, S.K. (November 16, 2016). The Importance of Counseling on Campus. Mindsoak Project. http://mindsoak.me/the-importance-of-counseling-on-campus/
- Kollat, S.H. (November 3, 2016). Beautiful Secret by Dana Faletti. BookMark by WPSU. http://radio.wpsu.org/post/bookmark-beautiful-secret-dana-faletti
- Stephens, S.K. (October 26, 2016). Why Are We Told There’s One ‘Right’ Kind of Girl? Mindsoak Project. http://mindsoak.me/why-are-we-told-theres-one-right-kind-of-girl/
- Stephens, S.K. (October 19, 2016). Brave New World: Parental Monitoring in the Age of Social Media. Mindsoak Project. http://mindsoak.me/brave-new-world-parental-monitoring-in-the-age-of-social-media/
- Stephens, S.K. (Sept. 27, 2016). A Case for Boredom. Mindsoak Project. http://mindsoak.me/a-case-for-boredom/
- Stephens, S.K. (Sept. 13, 2016). The New F Word. Mindsoak Project. http://mindsoak.me/the-new-f-word/
- Stephens, S.K. (Aug. 23, 2016). “Girl” Gone Wild. Mindsoak Project. http://mindsoak.me/girl-gone-wild/
- Stephens, S.K. (Aug. 9, 2016). The #1 Parenting Mistake We All Make (But Don’t Have To)! Mindsoak Project. http://mindsoak.me/the-1-parenting-mistake-we-all-make-but-dont-have-to/